Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hello World

For a long time I've been pondering having a blog.  Then I thought about what kind of blog it should be.  I could do a "mommy" blog with entries like "today my child used the potty!".  Someone would be sure to point out that my youngest child is already married and, if she were just learning to use the potty there might be some issues.
I could do a "crafter" blog.  But, I've been there and done that with crafts.  Besides, craft blogs are a lot of work.  You have to do the craft, take artful pictures of the craft in progress, and then display and photograph the craft in your home so people are amazed.  My home is fine, it needs no craftiness from me.
Then there are the cooking blogs.  I'm a really good cook and sometimes I even enjoy cooking. However, as my daughter-in-law likes to point out, I don't really have recipes.  She seems to think that when I tell her how to make something my directions should be more than add this, that, and some of this if you want.  Then cook it until it looks/feels right.  And, you still have to do the whole picture thing.  See - more work.
Political blog - no, not that interested in talking about politics all the time.  Financial blog - If I have money I spend it.  If I don't have money, I don't spend.  Pretty simple philosophy and I don't think it would be a very long blog.  Photography blog - nope, also too much work and then you have to talk about the camera and the speed and the light - ain't gonna happen.  Decorating blog - see "crafter" above
So, I thought about what  I can do and do well.  I am known for making snarky comments.  I make quite a few on Facebook, but I have to be careful that I don't offend my "friends".  On a blog, I can say what I want because this blog is going to be anonymous so I don't embarrass my children.  Notice that I didn't say "so I won't ANNOY my kids".  It probably will annoy them from time to time, but hopefully, it will also make them laugh.  As you can tell from my blog title, I plan to blog about things that annoy me.  Anyone care to place bets on how many things I can find to annoy me?

2 comments: