Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Girls Are Loose!

Today, for reasons known only to himself,my husband decided to get dressed at the same time I was getting dressed for work.  He never does that and I'm used to my routine and quiet when I get up in the mornings.  But today, he couldn't wait 5 minutes for me to finish in the bathroom.  I was somewhat annoyed but I was nice (for me) and finished getting dressed.  We both left the house at the same time and all was well - until I got to work.  I kept feeling that something was off kilter and then I realized that I had forgotten to wear a bra.  I was really annoyed because I work with men. 

I emailed some close friends and family about my mistake.  My dear, sweet daughter-in-law replied "don't worry - your boobs are so small no one will notice."  Yet another reason why I love her.

At some point during the day my boss came into my office and stared at me until I was finally forced to say, "Stop staring, go away, you are annoying me!".  He has a habit of doing things like that and he is usually just kidding.  But today, I am pretty sure he was staring at my small boobs.  But, probably not.

Later I went to my favorite unhealthy fast food pace for lunch.  I ordered a Happy Meal, because really you don't need more than that to eat.  As I pulled up to the window the man said "boy or girl?"  I swear to you, my first thought was "Seriously, I know I need to lose weight but why do you think I'm pregnant?".  I was stunned, and then it occurred to me that he was asking what type of Happy Meal toy I wanted.  I got the girl's toy.  But, for a moment there, I had been annoyed at his rudeness.

I wonder who/what will annoy me tomorrow.

1 comment: